Thursday, March 21, 2013

Alana and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

My new favourite book to read to Jack is "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible  No Good, Very Bad Day. I get such a chuckle out of the outlook of this little boy and his teacher not liking his invisible castle picture.

Bring me to this post. Due date today. 4 false labours that are not progressing me. Bad roads. Ugh. I totally feel like Alexander at this point.

So here is a few pages of my version of the story.






Alana and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

"I went to sleep with cramps in my tummy and a sore back and when I got out of bed this morning I realized that I was still 9 months pregnant and it was my due date. I tripped on my water bottle because my belly is so big I can't see the floor and by mistake I almost peed myself and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

At breakfast I didn't want to eat because I was so nauseous and I'm almost out of my diclectin and I don't want to refill my $100.00 prescription. The only thing I felt like was dry toast but we are out of bread so all I ate was a soggy bowl of Rice Krispies.

I think I'll move to Australia.

I spent the last few days worrying about the awful roads and had a couple false labours in there to really amp my anxiety level up. I didn't sleep at all the night before because I was in the midst of a false labour with roads closed all around us and I could just tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I have acid reflux so bad that I can't lay without propping myself up. I have trouble bending over and picking up the toys that my two boys scatter around. My husband has been moody and so have I been. I am out of activities to occupy my mind. I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I could tell because with all the confusion of which vehicle to take if I go into labour, the van is better on ice, the truck is better with snow, we are constantly moving car seats from one vehicle to the other filling up vehicles with fuel and are just getting anxious for her arrival.

I hope she just falls out I said to my husband. I hope the next time I get a false labour it's the real thing and I make it to the Hospital and have just one big sneeze and there she lay peacefully in my arms.

To add the it all our 3 1/2 year old has developed a stutter over this last week quite possibly because of the change that is about to come but we don't know for sure but one of the best things for him is a calm environment and try not to add change. Well good luck with that. His stutter has put us both a little on edge as we are worried about our boy.

It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

That's what it was. That's what it is.

Next week, I said, I'm going to Australia."








No comments:

Post a Comment