Thursday, March 14, 2013

The calm before the storm

So the last few days I have been getting more sleep than I have in months, less contractions, no back ache and it's got me wondering; is this my calm before my storm?

1 week until my due date, the doctor predicts anytime because in her exact words "the baby can't possibly get any lower" and "be careful when you sneeze". And aside from a minor panic attack last night (brought on by a horrible acting 2 year old all day, and then seeing 2 friends who were due AFTER me have their babies and me wondering, "why they hell am I doing this again?"); I have been relatively calm. There is something about getting to the end, knowing you have it all in place (thank goodness I am a stay at home mom who had the time) and just waiting for it all to happen.

With Jack I was just anxious (could have been the 10 days overdue) and I definitely didn't have the serenity before his arrival. Charlie, I remember feeling very relaxed about his birth. Not wanting to speed it up (probably because I know that looking after a newborn is NOT easier than being 9 months pregnant) and just taking it all in. This time around, I've had the nerves earlier on and now feel pretty serene about it all.

Patience is a virtue.

Also bringing a baby into this world while battling a house-full of colds does not seem like the best plan, if I can help it.

So these last few days, I'm going to rest. Drink lots of water to flush out this virus. Sleep as many hours as I can in my big comfy bed. And just try not to think about all the rest. Try not to let my very busy 2 year old stress me out. Let Jack wear his Buzz PJ's for days on end without washing to avoid a fight. And even let Kelly complain about his man cold; doesn't mean I have to listen ;)

Happy Happy 9 months.

38.5 weeks pregnant

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say that you look absolutely fantastic! Your boys are cutie pies and Kadin has the same shirt...he loves his moon shirt :) Good luck on the impending arrival your daughter. I can't wait to hear her name and see pics of your newest beauty!

    ReplyDelete